Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

WIP - Hexagon Puff Stitch Blanket

Currently it's 27 inches x 30 inches

I'm still slowly working on this little blanket. I was trying to work out how big I should make it so that it was big enough for a baby blanket. Luckily I had written down the general sizes used for quilts and I used this as a guide for working out how big this blanket should be. I have no idea where I got the guide from (sorry I can't give proper credit)

The size guide is as follows:
Baby         36 x 36 inches
Crib          36 x 50 inches
Lap           52 x 58 inches
Twin         68 x 90 inches
Full           80 x 90 inches
Queen      90 x 98 inches
King       110 x 110 inches


Luckily I don't have much more to go to make it into a baby blanket. I'm not too sure how to finish this off though. Each hexagon has a row of double crochet (US single crochet) around it so I was thinking I might do a few rows of that around the whole thing. What do you think? I'm open to ideas (~_~)

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Ooooo! How pretty!...I've done hexagon shaped blankets before. Usually a simple finishing stitch around the outer edging, keeping the points prominent, has worked best for me. It's such a great shape that you don't wanna lose it.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, I was thinking along the same lines as you. I didn't really want to finish the blanket off by making it square/rectangular. Thanks for helping me decide :)