Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

B's Last Interchange

I couldn't help it I had to share this photo. Especially when I thought of a good caption to go with it :D 

I'll be in in a minute hon, just let me park the car.
I don't know how it happened but I am going to have the place to myself for a little while today. Brodie is off on his last Interchange respite activity today. They aren't able to attend these any more once your child has turned 18. That happens next month and the next activity for that is schedules after his birthday. He's off to the football to see Melbourne v Richmond. I know he will be barracking for Melbourne because he truly dislikes Richmond. It makes me think what on earth will we do for respite now that he is no longer eligible to go with Interchange. No use worrying about that now though.


Mark has gone to out to help someone fix up their computer. Well at least I think that's what he has gone for. Not that it matters. He's gone out and its actually a nice day for him to ride his motorbike. So I know he will enjoy it.

Angus will be going out to the movies with a friend from school.

That just leaves me with nothing to do other than housework. That didn't work out too well did it? Maybe I can spend the time crocheting or searching for some recipes that we can try out.

I want to make porcupines for tea. If you aren't sure what they are I have a recipe for them on my recipe blog but there aren't any pictures on that post, sorry. Basically its a meatball/rissole that is rolled in rice and cooked in tomato soup. Nothing fancy but really easy to make. I'm not sure if they are diabetic friendly due to the rice but there's only one way to find out. This will be experiment number two.

Experiment number one was last nights Asian dinner from Seven Noodle. I had King Prawns with snow peas & egg noodles. While I thoroughly enjoyed every single bite I did the right thing and tested my BSL a couple of hours after tea and my BSL was a bit too high. So I will need to find a substitute for that one. Maybe a home cooked version of that one might be best instead of the shop bought. Live & learn, right?

Anyway. I'm going to go find something to do before I take Angus & his friends into town to the cinema. Let's see do I wash the dishes or just go crochet? What a choice?!

4 comments:

~ Mona said...

I remember those times, on rare occasion that I had the house to myself... I didn't know what to do.
Now that the house has become quite more of the time than not... I still don't know what to do.

~ Mona : )
More Milestones

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Mona, its nice to have some quiet time especially on a weekend.

PoetessWug said...

WOW! A whole day to yourself!!...And recipes and crocheting to choose from! {Notice how I left out the cleaning bit! LOL} Have fun Jo! By the way, most meatball recipes have some kind of bread mixed in with the meatballs as a binder. So take that into consideration too...Just saying.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about the breadcrumbs. I didn't end up making the porcupines after all. Maybe another night and with a nice lean mince.

Sadly Angus didn't end up going to the movies. His friend changed his mind. He was so quiet it was almost like he wasn't home any way :)