Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My New Camera

As I mentioned in yesterday's post my camera died. Well not so much as died but was making 'those' kind of noises that things make as they die. With the lens error that kept popping up on the screen every time I turned it on, combined with the noises and it promptly shutting down meant that I was not going to get any more use of of my old Pentax.

Mark, Brodie & I went out shopping this afternoon in the hopes of finding a new camera. Well it started off as window shopping but I couldn't pass up this deal. I ended up with a Samsung ES30. It's not a bad little camera. You even get to choose the amount of mega pixels you wish to use (up to 12.2) and it also had video option. Not bad for less than $100AU.
I am going to have fun with my new toy. I chose pink as you can see from the pictures. Hopefully that means that the boys wont want to use my camera as often :P

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Good for you! You're back in the picture business again! :-) I like the color too, although "potato", "po-tah-to", is my knowledge of one camera over another. I purchased the one I use because of a friend's recommendation...and later found out it was one of the best ones to buy. What did I know. By the way, I spent about $100 for mine too!! Enjoy it Jo-anne! I look forward to seeing your "productions"! ^_^

Jo-anne Blossy said...

You take some great photos with your camera Poetess. I love the pictures you share on your blog :)

PoetessWug said...

^_^ Thank you. Hubby takes most of them, the outside shots. I like taking the close-ups. I'm getting better at it. {But....shhhh....secret: My camera has an "auto" button. ^_^ I just point, hold down a button, wait till it focuses, and shoot!}

Jo-anne Blossy said...

lol I wont tell just as long as you don't tell that my camera has the same kind of thing. It has these windows that show around the object/person you are shooting and it will automatically focus. I love new technology! Hopefully that will mean I wont have to delete as many photos because they are too blurry :)