Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Crochet - WIP - Whovian Graphghan - TARDIS

I made an attempt at a graphghan during Brodie's hospital stay. It was doing my head in to be honest. I just couldn't get my head around the colour changes in the middle of the rows. It was frustrating me to no end. Last night I finally sat down and watched a video on how to manage the colour changes. I am so glad I did because I have been wanting to try a c2c graphghan for a while. I just didn't know which one to do until I saw the perfect one with all this Doctor Who.


I can't remember where I initially saw this Doctor Who Graphghan but Brodie sent me the link. I think we were at the hospital or it may have been just before Brodz went in. Not that it really matters. The link to the whole Whovian Blanket can be found HERE. It's by Two Hearts Crochet (a Whovian name if I ever saw one)

I decided to try the TARDIS square. Yep I know, drop myself straight into the deep end and begin working on something not quite so easy. I've always been like that. If you are going to start learning or creating something you may as well try and make something that you like and want completed.



What do you think? It looks pretty dang amazing in my books! YAY!


The only thing I am not liking is how I manage to get all the yarn so tangles when I turn things back and forth. I am sure I will work out a way to keep it untangles eventually. Considering how nicely this is turning out, I wont even complain about the need to sew in all the ends. 

I know this square isn't even finished yet but I am already planning which of the squares I shall be doing next... the Dalek! As I said I like to jump in the deep end. It looks a lot more fiddly than the TARDIS.


No comments: