Pages

Friday, May 01, 2015

WIP - Crochet - Baby Blanket

I am making another blanket. I know they seem to be about the only thing I make right now but I do enjoy creating them. This one is for a family at Church who are expecting a baby in a few months.


Choosing colours can be a challenge at times when I make baby blankets. I don't always want to choose the usual soft pinks and blues. I have had this gorgeous salmon colour for a while now and I managed to pick some more of the same a few months back from the Wangaratta Woollen Mill. Well their online shop anyway.


I took a completed salmon square into our local yarn store, well not that local it is in the next town. Angus came with me and helped me choose this lovely teal colour. It looks really nice with the salmon as you can see with the photo below.


I have now completed all of the salmon coloured squares and I shall begin the teal ones shortly. Then the exciting part. Making the applique to go on them. I'll be creating a farm animal blanket like the one I just completed. Then I will need to work out what colours to use for the borders. That might present as a little bit of a challenge. After all what nice colours go with these two and would still look good for a baby? 


No comments: