Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday


Here's what I am thankful for this week:

  • rain. We haven't had a lot of rain but what we have had has been lovely. At least my cars windscreen is clean (0_o) We still desperately need rain for the fires that are still burning. It's been over two weeks since some of the fires started (~_~) and there is no hope of them being extinguished with out some good soaking rain.
  • helpful kids. The boys have been taking turns washing the dishes and it's been nice to have a break from doing them every day
  • my crochet! I finally picked up my crochet hook again and I am really enjoying practising the Bavarian crochet stitch
  • Diabetes Support Group - I went to my first ever meeting on Tuesday afternoon. It was really interesting. Each month they have a different speaker. This month there was a local optometrist, John Farmer, talking about Diabetes and Eye health. He also spoke of his work in Papua New Guinea and how he has helped teach nurses there about eye health. You can read about John's work HERE if you are interested.
What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: