Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Best Surprise Ever

My sister Vicki popped in for a visit. Popped in is a bit of an odd word to describe her visit. Vicki lives in Adelaide which is over 800 km (over 500 miles) from here.
She drove over with a friend, Margaret. Margaret's brother had his 50th birthday this weekend and Vicki decided to join her. They were in Korumburra which is about a 30-40 minute drive from here.

Vicki
It was really nice to catch up with Vicki. It's been a couple of years since we had seen each other, other than the occasional phone call. We talked & talked & talked. Not bad considering I am not one to talk a lot normally.

This afternoon made me realise that I wish Vicki lived closer or that she was at least able to go online. She has trouble using her phone let alone a computer. She does have one at home for playing games and isn't connected to the net. A real shame really. Who knows one day I may convince her that its not a bad thing nor is it that difficult.

Anyway it was a lovely surprise. I got to see my BIG sister :)

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Awwwwwwwww! How nice!! I'm very happy for you!!!...And you didn't get 'talked out'! You still wanted to talk after she left! ^_^ That's what I call 'Mission Accomplished'!! Sisters are the best!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, I totally agree sisters are the BEST! And no I didn't get talked out lol

Unknown said...

What a great surprise!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Beverly, it certainly was :)