Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's Market Day

Oh boy am I pooped. I just got back from a walk. Yes you read correctly I said walk. That horrible 'swear' word that means exercise!

Brodie & I went for a walk to the farmers market (I had to say it again just in case you didn't read it in the first couple of sentences). Thank goodness there was a lot of stuff there to entertain me while my hip was hurting. Stuff that would take my mind off being sore & unfit. I didn't mind looking at the new stall with lots of pretty handbag or the stall with the clothes or even the one with all the hand-knitted items that I think are a bit too expensive. I enjoyed the slow amble past all the things that were on offer.

This is Des's fruit & veg stall. I stop by here every time I visit the market. That's Des on the right.

Of course I stopped at that stall that has all the yummy dried fruits & nuts for sale. I bought some of those curries peanuts. Oh how I love them. I probably should only have a few of these considering they aren't exactly 'plain' nuts that the dietitian recommended. I think just a few should be okay. You can't totally deprive yourself from all things nice. It would make things stressful and unbearable. Right?
I did buy some healthy things. Like dried fruits & nuts, fresh apples and some yummy vegetables (cauliflower, brussel sprouts & green beans).

On the way home Brodie said I complained too much about walking up the hill. It's pretty steep (even out old car didn't like going up that hill). Considering how unfit I am I think I did a pretty good job! So shhhhh please Brodz, stop picking on me :P

As we were walking up the driveway (yes that is on a bit of a hill too) I was thinking who decided we should love in a town with so many hills? (although we were desperate to get out of that caravan park & we did take the first place we were offered) And who decided it was a good idea to walk to the market today if the weather was nice? Oh right that was me. Guess I can't blame anyone then can I *rolls eyes*. At least I am feeling a bit better now that I have rested.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Good for you!! After the soreness wears off you'll feel better too! Maybe you'll start planning to walk to the dieticians or to the grocery store!! Or maybe you'll lose your mind before then!! LOL

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, I was thinking I might lose my mind before then lol. I could walk to the dietitians. It is in town and isn't all that far. It's only a little bit further than where the market is held. Who knows I might be a bit fitter by the time that appointment comes around.