Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Pfttt Cars

Cars can be such a drain on the finances can't they?! Of all days for the car to play up it's today. Why couldn't it be last week when we didn't really have anything planned? But NO it has to be today when school is back with a new term & I have an appointment to get to.

The windscreen wipers on the car wont work only trouble is it's raining. It's something really simple to fix. Or so I had hoped. Like a blown fuse but it doesn't seem to be.

Now that the car is okay. I'm going Op shopping!
I ♥love♥ that Mark is able to work on cars. That he is good at the electrical side of things. He said that it seems to be something to do with the ignition switch. He's working on it at the moment.

- - -  Lucky me! - - - Just had a phone call from the Community Health Centre where the Diabetes Educator works. My DE isn't well and they wanted to reschedule my appointment. Well that worked out perfectly because I was about to phone them and ask to reschedule anyway. I now go on Wednesday afternoon. I guess we are being smiled upon once again.

Back to the car. Mark is brilliant! He's fixed the wipers. It was something to do with the power not getting through to the fuse for the wipers. Thank goodness that it was relatively easy for Mark to fix.

On the weekend I took the boys to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. We were very fortunate to buy the last three tickets for the session we wanted to see. When we were lining up we were told there were thirteen tickets left. I was hoping that we would be able to see it as I didn't really wish to come back another time. I felt bad because there were a lot of people behind us wanting to buy tickets.

We have been waiting patiently for this to hit the big screen & it was worth waiting for. If you're a Potter fan & you get the chance to see it go. You will enjoy it. The special effects are worth seeing on the big screen.

Now that the car is fixed. I am going Op Shopping. Who knows I might find a bargain or two.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

All I can say is...I'm glad Mark knows how to fix cars!!!...And UGH!....rain!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, I am so glad that Mark knows how to fix them too. He has saved us a lot of money :)