Pages

Friday, December 03, 2010

A Christmas Meme

I am borrowing this Christmas meme from Mom 2 my 3 girls

How we celebrate Christmas

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate but since we have Christmas during Summer I would prefer a cold glass (o0r can) of pepsi max! That being said I used to love buying Farmers Union Egg Nog when I was in college.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Always wrapped

3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? We actually don't have any lights at the moment.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No we don't.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually on December 1st (sometimes the 2nd) but its always after Angus's birthday.

6. What is your favourite holiday dish? I don't really have one favourite dish for Christmas. Although I did love my Mum's roasts that she used to cook. I don't mind having trifle now & then just as long as there is no alcohol in it.

7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child? I remember one year getting a tennis racquet for Christmas. I also remember Dad taking me over to the car park at the train station so that we could play a game or two of tennis. I had loads of fun that day.
I also love the Christmas picnics we would go to with the Red Lion Social Club that Mum & Dad belonged too. Father Christmas would come and give a present to every boy & girl there. I would race off to show Mum what I got and then I would rush around to find Dad to show him. Funny thing was I could never find him until after Father Christmas had gone ... ...

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember how I found out. Although I do remember finding out that my Dad played Father Christmas at those social club picnics. My brother told every kid that would listen that he saw our Dad getting changed into the suit. I think I was about 10 at the time.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Now that the boys are older we actually celebrate on Christmas Eve. That way we get to chill out and do pretty much what we want at a very leisurely pace on Christmas Day. Plus we don't have to worry about the boys waking us up early so that they can open their presents.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have some really old decorations that my Mum gave me. They were the decorations wee used when I was little. Over the years I have added some nice new ornaments but I also have some of the stuff the boys made in kindy and primary school.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow? What is snow? That's that stuff you only see in photos right?

12. Can you ice skate? No but I can rollerskate. Does that count?

13. Do you remember your favourite gift? I remember getting an organ one year. I used to pretend it was a piano. I loved playing that thing.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I love seeing how excited the boys get when they open their gifts. To me it truly is about giving. Making others happy is the main thing. Don't get me wrong I do like receiving presents too but I love seeing how people react (hopefully in a good way). I also like to remind the boys about the reason for the season too. Its not really about Father Christmas is it!

15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert? I don't mind the odd piece of Christmas cake or some trifle. I also like the occasional piece of white Christmas

16. What is your favourite holiday tradition? I don't think we really have a tradition other than when we put the Christmas tree up. Sometimes we might go for a drive to look at Christmas lights but since we live country its a little hard to see lots of them in our town.

17. What tops your tree? A bright red star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving is more important than receiving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Leroy the Redneck Reindeer.

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Definitely yum!

21 Favourite Christmas Show? The Nativity Story. I also like The Santa Claus & Santa Junior.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? There's a few that make me cry but mostly I would have to say I'll be home for Christmas. Also Santa Never Made it Into Darwin by Bill & Boyd it is based on Cyclone Tracy hitting Darwin on Christmas morning in 1974.


No comments: