Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

North And South

My North & South DVD's arrived on Monday. You gotta love ebay & my postie for bringing them to me!

This was the first thing I ever say Patrick Swayze in. He was just so good looking in his uniform playing Orry Main! I was smitten! If he could've ridden up on his horse to take me away to his cotton plantation I would gladly have gone with him. Of course that was never going to happen but a girl could dream.
It certainly was the beginning of my watching every single movie he was ever in.

I have watched a little bit of the DVD's so far. I'm about 3.5 - 4 hours in. I only have around 17-18 hours to go! But seeing that its Patrick I'll just have to suffer through it all *sigh*

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Boy! Are you bringing back memories! I sat with tissue, drinks, and all kinds of snacks one day many years ago and watched the whole delicious series from beginning to end!!! I didn't get tired and almost couldn't put the tape in fast enough as one ended and I was ready for the next!!! ^_^ I still was looking for more when it was done too! (I'm a Southern Girl, so it was captivating!) Enjoy!!!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I know what you mean about it being so captivating. I just love the Southern Belles and all of their gorgeous gowns!
In fact I loved them so much that my wedding dress was designed to look like one of them.
And the Southern Gentlemen. If only males would be so polite these days. I melt with their accents!

I have to admit though, I am being pretty restrained when it comes to watching it. I'm halfway through the second DVD. There are 8 in the set.