Pages

Monday, October 05, 2009

Temptations

They kids are back at school today for Term 4. Well not both of my boys but at least Brodie is at school. Poor Angus has a rash that the doctor referred to it as rosalia but explained that it really only applied to young children. Basically it is a rash of unknown origin and he said that Angus should stay home and away from any pregnant women just in case. So the little ray of sunshine gets an extra day off school. I am hoping that it will clear up soon. I don't want him missing too much school work.

At least I managed to survive another round of school holidays. Although at one stage I wasn't so sure. It seems that our Brodie has decided that he doesn't always want to follow our rules & now that he is getting older (and stronger) he is exerting more 'power' I guess you could say. The word compromise is becoming a very familiar term in this place. Not that its a bad thing its just something that we have had to do to keep the peace.

Brodie has made friends with some of our neighbours kids. I don't begrudge him making friends in fact I like how there are new people who seem to tolerate him little quirks and accept him. Its just that these kids don't always exhibit the best characteristics that I want Brodie to see. They have been know to drink alcohol and smoke. Two things that we are dead set against. They go against our beliefs and it seems that temptation will be in Brodie's way.

Brodie will probably flip that I am blogging about this but he drank some alcohol during the holidays while at one of these friends places. He said he only had a sip and I believe him when he said that. I was and am grateful that he told me about it straight away. I told him I was extremely disappointed that he had done this but ever so thankful that he had the courage to tell me about it.

I guess I shocked him because I didn't flip my lid when he told me. I thought what's the point of yelling at him. It was obvious that he felt horrible. He said he didn't even like the taste of it. Thank goodness for that!!!
Mark explained to him, calmly I might add, that drinking alcohol and epilepsy do NOT mix. Neither does it mix with the medications he is taking. I think we managed to get the message across to him. He hasn't had any since and I hope he wont again.

I really could've gone ballistic about all of this especially since Brodie and his friend are under-age but as I said I didn't. Nor do I intend to but if it happens again I may not be next time. If there is a next time that is.

Anywho we survived another lot of holidays. School is back and the last term of the year has begun. Let's hope it doesn't go as fast as the previous one.

No comments: