Pages

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

PSG

I had my first PSG (Parent Support Group) meeting for the year and I got to meet Mike (his aide) in person. It was a really quick meeting too which made for a really nice change. I guess I was just used to the meetings we have when I am collecting Brodie up for a suspension or a meeting that's called for when he comes back after a suspension.

Anyway we basically met so that we could clear up a bit of confusion that Brodie has with his timetable and the lessons he is meant to be doing on Monday & Friday afternoons. Brodie wishes to continue with PE and not do Health Ed. I think that there will be many benefits if he does do Health Ed. I believe that he needs to do this subject just as much as he needs PE. So we've come to an agreement. He will be go to Health Ed for at least the first lesson of the double lesson he has on Friday afternoons to see what its like and hopefully give it a decent go. With Mike's help he should come fine. Then at the end of the first lesson they will leave so that Brodie has some catch up time with the rest of his subjects.
I think that this is fair but I still would like him to have a really good try at staying in Health lessons. Especially since Mike said that they will be learning about social skills and Brodie needs all the help he can get with interpersonal relationships. I'll cross my fingers and we shall see at the end of the week how things went!

No comments: