Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Slippers

I thought I would have a go at something different with my knitting. I wanted to make something that would be quick and easy to do. I was inspired by Poetess with her crocheted creations. She made some great slippers a little while ago. you can go HERE to see them. Since I didn't have a crochet pattern I knitted some. I have several patterns for knitted slippers.

They were quick & easy to make. In fact it only took me a few hours to whip them up. Over a couple of days that is. I don't sit down all day & knit or crochet. Although I can imagine that I would get a lot more items finished if I did.

I'll just stick to making things for fun for now. I don't wish to turn my hobby into something I might get fed up with if I do it all the time. I'm passionate about my fibre arts but not to the point where I will do them ALL day long although there have been days where I think, maybe ...

So what you you think of the slippers? Any good?

I was thinking I might even make some for myself but I have to work out how to make them non-slip. I vaguely remember something about puffy paint being placed on the bottom helping. Does anyone have any ideas what will help make them non-slip?

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

First of all, YOU GO GIRL!! :-) They look so nice! A couple of hours?! WOW! You're better at the knitting than me!...Secondly, I love that color for slippers! And the flower on top!...I'm very proud of you!! You should be selling them if you can make them that fast. Don't push yourself. I don't! Just offer whatever you already have done...But what's wrong with crocheting all day?! (She said, with both hands crinkled up! LOL)

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you Poetess, I have been knitting for around 36 years (not bad since I am only 29 :P lol)so I can safely say I have had a bit more practise. If only my crocheting was as quick & as good as yours. That would be great :)

Its funny that you mentioned me making stuff to sell. Mark said I should open my own etsy store but I'm not sure I am confident enough to do that yet. I was thinking more like the farmers market they have here in town every month. However I'm not too sure about that either.