Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Emi Is Home

Late yesterday afternoon Mark and his brother left to go and collect my car. Yay she is home and all fixed. The transplant went kind of went well. The first motor the mechanics put in her had problems so they had to put a second one in. I was worried that it might have been third time lucky but the second one was okay, apart from a ticking sound that disappeared by the time Mark got the car home. The ticking sound had me worried but things seem okay today.

Emi sounds like a new car. The engine sounds great, nice & quiet like it should be. Mark said the gears change really well (I honestly can't tell the difference but that's just me).

There's only one small problem now that the engine is so quiet I can hear all sorts of other noises that I couldn't before. Mark checked Emi & said that the noises are okay for the moment and are not from anything critical. However, even though I know that, it doesn't mean that I wont worry about it. That Spandau Ballet song 'Highly Strung' [I tried to embed the song but it didn't want to work, oh well] seems to fit me really well at least where my car is concerned. After all I take my family out in it and I want it to be safe.

At least my car is home. I can drive her again without the worry of hiccups & fluffing. Now I'm all set for when the kids go back to school at the end of next week! Woohoo. Only 6 days to go not that I am counting or anything.

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

YAY!! Emi is home just in time!! I;m gonna go over to Youtube and see if I can listen to the song...By the way, I never told you, but I always named my cars too. My father, the mechanic, got me to doing that. He had an old Cadillac he called "Betsy". ^_^ I've had a few over the years that I've named after a feeling, someone I knew who acted like them, or songs. It's made for an interesting motorized life. Emi would know what I mean. ^_^

Carol E Wyer said...

Welcome home Emi! Since I read about your problems your English cousin here (the 'Slidemobile')started to develop his own creaks. He has to go into the garage next week. Maybe he is in sympathy with you.
Only 6 days left ... phew!

Unknown said...

Hooray! Nothing like having your own wheels--especially dependable ones!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, I am glad that I am not the only one who names their cars. I'll have to tell Brodie that your father had a car named Betsy. I am sure that he will think of Doctor Who and his car Betsy :)
I hope you got to listen to the song. Spandau Ballet were my favourite band when I was a teen :) I had such a huge crush on the lead singer.

Oh Golly Facing50 the Slidemobile wasn't meant to go out in sympathy. I hope that nothing major is wrong.

You are so right Beverly. There is nothing like having your own wheels :D