Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

It Smells A Bit Fishy Around Here

Mark his a fish tank in his shed. He is really proud of it. I have to admit it looks great with its live plants and the lighting that he has set up for it.
I asked Mark to take some photos so I could share them.

If you look carefully in the top photo, about halfway down on the left-hand side, you can see a couple of light blurry bits. They are his Neon tetras (they are very pretty but REALLY tiny). He only has two left because one of the other fish has decided that they taste absolutely delicious!!
Mark also has a couple of other fish in there but I can't remember what they are called. Something about a Pakistani Loach (I probably spelt that wrong. He's the one who likes to eat Neons for supper) and a fighting fish (I think). I can't see them in the photos though.

You might have noticed that the tank water has a slight brownish tinge. Mark had added some tea to the water. Yes, tea, the kind that you drink. He did it because he liked the look of it. I am sure there may have been another reason but I can't remember it (I didn't sleep too well last night so that's my excuse).

Anyway, Mark has his pet fish in the shed. He can watch them while he tinkers around or when he's using his laptop. It really does look good :)

6 comments:

PoetessWug said...

I love fish tanks! I'm not very good about knowing which fish should go in them though. And after a fiasco with the pet shop man, I don't trust them to tell me what's best either!!...*Cold Shiver*...It's a long story! ^_^ I think Mark is brave to have the tetras though. Don't they sting?!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, I don't know all that much about fish either. To be honest I don't know a lot about the neons other than they like to swim in shoals.

Empty Nester said...

We used to have a fish tank, but I hate cleaning those things. The tea thing is interesting...wonder if it means less cleaning??? LOL

Jo-anne Blossy said...

EmptyNester, I think the tea is just a nice colour thing. We had a fish tank when I was a kid. I hated cleaning it out too.

Holly said...

My hubby is a fish tank man, too. But he has BIG dirty gold fish that EAT live plants... LOL!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I just asked Mark a few things about his fish tank. The Neons are harmless. He does something to the tank every day in regards to cleaning it, changing water or adding CO2 via a yeast mix (all I know is that it stinks like beer even though its not alcoholic in way way shape or form).