Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Bit Of A Spring Clean

Mark & I decided to tidy up the cutlery drawer last night. It started with just the top drawer really and ended with me tidying ALL four drawers.

To be honest I was getting a bit tired of all the odd pieces of cutlery that we had (plus for some reason pieces used to go missing) and thought it was time to use our 8 piece set. There's no point keeping new things for a rainy day because that day may never come.
Hmmm that reminds me ... I need to let Mark know to ONLY take the older cutlery outside to the shed. I don't want the new ones lost. Well, they don't always get lost in the shed they just take quite a while to make their way back indoors.

The cutlery & utensils we cleaned out were offered to one of our neighbours. I thought about keeping some for the boys for when they eventually move out of home but Mark reminded me that cutlery sets aren't that expensive we can always get the boys new ones when they move out. I'm sure the boys would prefer new stuff anyway.

At least I know where everything is right now. However, I am not too sure how long that will last but the drawers are tidy.

One thing cleaned/tidied many more to go ....

Have you done a bit of a spring clean recently?

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

I think it's great that, not only is your cutlery drawer clean and neat, but you know where all of your is!! Somehow I keep losing forks!! And I'm acquiring knives and sporks from out of the air!! LOL Not to mention the fact that the dishwasher was eating and bending some into unknown shapes!!! ^_^

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Its forks and spoons that go missing here. And my dishwasher straightens all of the bent spoons, oh and the dishwasher, that would be me lol