Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

While we were on our recent holiday to Adelaide I kept thinking that there is no place like home. There's nothing wrong with visiting relatives and doing loads of FUN shopping while away but there really is nowhere else on earth quite the same as your own home.

I decided that I don't particularly want to go visit South Australia again in a hurry. Now before anyone gets upset and sends me hate mail. I was born in Elizabeth, South Australia & lived there until 2002 when I moved to Victoria. 90% (or more) of my family still lives in S.A. I just no longer like the idea of living there.

The S.A. drivers are freakishly weird and are accidents waiting to happen. They don't seem to have the concept of "sharing" the road. They change lanes without indicating & cut you off as soon as look at you. It's no wonder that Mark saw a lot of tow trucks while we were on holiday. No doubt they were either picking up wrecks or travelling to one.
I must admit my own Dad is one of those drivers who should no longer be on the road. Which I already mentioned in my previous post.

Now don't get me wrong there are a lot of SAFE drivers out there. Not all of them seemed to be horrid and reckless. I think that the South Australian government has a lot to answer for when they allowed learner drivers on the road that had to ONLY complete the required hours of driving in their log books before getting their Probationary license. After all my ex-hubby is ONE of THOSE kind of drivers who should have never been allowed to get behind the wheel in the first place. I am just so grateful that my boys no longer have to get in a car that he is driving.

I am also grateful that I am home now. Where the drivers don't seem to be in such a rush like the drivers in Adelaide. There certainly are advantages of living in the country. We seem to set our own pace here which is much more relaxing.

Credit for this photo goes to Angus. He took this photo for us

No comments: