Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Summer Is Finally Here

Well summer is well and truly here today, not that I really like summer mind you. We're expecting a high of 40C (104 F)!! Yuk!! We had similar temperatures yesterday. Thank goodness we are supposed to be getting a cool change later today.

I should be grateful I suppose that it has taken 6 weeks after the 'official' start of summer for us to get some really hot weather that we don't really need.

It's a total fire ban today, which is a good thing considering that there are several bush fires going interstate. In fact there is one in South Australian, near Port Lincoln, where my brother-in-law is currently living. My sister, Julie, is travelling back and forth from Albury-Wodonga every few weeks to Pt. Lincoln. She has a business there that she is trying to sell. I just hope that my BIL is okay. I must ring Dad later to find out.

Port Lincoln is a really nice place. When I used to live in Whyalla (a couple of hours drive away) I used to joke with the boys father that we would go there for a picnic. We never did though but I remember going there as a kid and thinking how pretty it was there. Maybe one day I'll get that picnic there ...

No comments: