Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Been A While

I finally thought I had better get around to making another post. I didn't realise that it's been as long as it has since I've added something here. As you might be able to guess I have been a bit busy. Although not too busy that I couldn't have typed something up if I wanted to.

I don't know where to start... Ummm... let's see. We've been to visit a psychologist, Richard Eisenmajer. He was great and very helpful. He put things in terms that we could understand very clearly. Brodie is like a King. Kings want things on demand and usually immediately or even yesterday. Kinds thing of the rest of us as peasants/slaves to do their menial tasks like cleaning he bedroom, making the bed, cooking, washing etc. We just have to dethrone the king and make him a peasant too! Not an easy task but with patience and YEARS of practise we might get there.

Also, we were told that Brodie will need to spend a long time learning many things. The best thing we can do for him is to keep him in school for as long as possible. School being High School and then TAFE. Richard recommended that he be in TAFE until he is at least 24 because by then he may be able to go out into the real world and live on his own. *SIGH* i thought we might have had him move out of home before then. Who knows with how he has been behaving and treating us of late.

I hate to say this but Brodie has been so horrid at times. He picked up a maglight the other day and went to attack me. Mark stopped him from hurting anyone with the torch but in the process Brodie elbowed Mark in the chest and broke one of his ribs. I swear I don't know what to do with that child sometimes.

We need a break from Brodie or this family may end up self-destructing and I certainly don't want that to happen. I just wish Brodie wasn't so violent and abusive to all of us. If he was an adult I would call this domestic violence. Maybe it still is. All I know is that if he keeps this up I wont want him at home...

No comments: