Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2018

So Much For Families Sticking Together

I am having such a shit week. As I posted earlier my Dad passed away early Monday morning. We have finally found out when the funeral is. It's not for another couple of weeks but to when Dad's body can be released and the funeral home can collect him.

I asked one of my sisters if I was able to stay at her place. I got a resounding NO! My other sister, the one who actually lives an hour or so drive away from her, has been given her spare room. I asked if Brodie and I could sleep on the floor in her lounge room. I was also told NO to that request!! Hello .. I am travelling over 900 km to come to the funeral and this is what I have to face.

There are no other family members that I can stay with. I have been told that they don't have room either. So much for families sticking together. I am feeling so hurt by all of this.

Brodz and I have a flight over the day before the funeral and we have nowhere to stay. Our money is very tight at the moment due to my having to pay thousands of dollars to get my car repaired. All of this happened before Dad passed away. Had I known, but you never know when something like this would happen, I would have paid the mechanic off over a few weeks.

My sister in law lives on the other side of the country to us has offered to help us try and find someone to stay with. But honestly, who would want a couple of strangers stay with them for a few nights? I don't like my chances.
My Relief Society President is also trying to help. Friends and in-laws treat us better than family does.

I am going to talk with my Bishop from Church if I can get an appointment to see him & see what he may be able to help with.

For now I am hardly sleeping and I am up in the middle of the night unless I am totally exhausted and manage to sleep through. Can someone just wake me when May is over? .. if I manage to fall asleep that is..

No comments: