Pages

Wednesday, May 09, 2018

RIP Dad



I haven't felt like doing any blog posts these past few days but I am feeling a bit more like myself today & I was trying to keep busy with other things. You see my Dad passed away early Monday morning at the amazing age of 90. Which is such a great innings!

I'm not sharing this because I want any sympathy, although I do appreciate your thoughts and kindness. This is more because I want you, if your Mum and Dad are still around, to make sure that you give them a hug and tell them as often as you can that you love them because you just never know when it will be the last time.

I am very grateful that I remember my last phone call with Dad and telling him that I loved him and he told me he loved me too. I would do almost anything to hear him tell the same stories just one more time. I know I never spoke to him on the phone as much as I would have liked. His dementia made that all change and it was very difficult to talk to him on the phone but I do have some wonderful memories to cherish.



Dad, Mum has been waiting almost 18 years for you to be together again. 
 ❤️ I will love and miss you both always ❤️


No comments: