Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

No Bake - Lemon Cheesecake

Angus and I made the most amazing lemon cheesecake on Thursday morning. I hadn't made this particular recipe for years. I have no idea why I hadn't. I mean it is so delicious and very light and fluffy! My Auntie Jean gave me the recipe many years ago. We made this in honour of her.




Lemon Cheesecake - No bake 

 250g sweet biscuits, crushed
1/2 tsp mixed spice
185g marg/butter, melted
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
1 pkt lemon jelly crystals dissolved in a cup of hot water
250g cream cheese
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
375 ml can Evaporated milk 

Combine biscuits, spice and marg and press into sides and base of a 20-23 cm spring form pan. Chill.

Dissolve jelly and cool. Add lemon rind and juice. Beat cheese and sugar together, add jelly mix.

Cool. Whip chilled milk until thick then add to cheese & jelly mix. Pour into crumb crust and refrigerate until set.

 You can substitute different flavours of jelly if you want. I've used strawberry before. I'm thinking a lime jelly with lime juice might be nice.

No comments: