Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I Will Miss You Auntie Jean

This photo was taken a few years ago
Last night I found out from my Dad that my Auntie Jean (89 yrs old, what a great innings!) had passed away last Thursday. She has been unwell for some time and she passed away peacefully with her baby sister, Auntie Barb, by her side. Her funeral is today and I am feeling awfully saddened by the fact that I am unable to go and say goodbye to her. 

I have so many fond memories of her, My Uncle Ernie and my cousins. I am extremely grateful that I was able to take the boys over to Adelaide last July and we were fortunate enough to see her and our cousin Peter.Dad is feeling pretty upset over losing his older sister. He has dementia and I guess he's a bit anxious and confused about it all. He did tell one of my sisters that he is the oldest now. I am hoping that things settle down for him.

RIP Auntie Jean. I will miss our chats on the phone but I will treasure the memories we have shared. xoxo 

No comments: