Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Recipe - Muesli Muffins


I baked this batch of muffins the other day. They were delicious!
I got the recipe last month when I went to my Diabetes Support Group.

Muesli Muffins (makes 12)

1 ½ cups Natural Muesli (I used rolled oats)
1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
1 cup firmly packed grated carrot
1 large green apple, grated
½ cup sultanas
½ pecan nuts
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup soy milk or low fat dairy milk 

Place muesli, sifted flour, carrot, apple, sultanas and pecans into a large bowl. Mix dry ingredients together.

Combine eggs, oil and milk.

Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour the egg mix into the well and mix gently to combine.

Spoon mixture into a lightly greased muffin tin.

Bake in a moderate oven, 190°C, for 25 minutes.




No comments: