Pages

Monday, August 04, 2014

Wrist Update

Mark and I took the 'band-aid' off my hand on Thursday because I accidentally got it wet in the shower. I was a BIG scaredy cat when it came to taking the tape off. I was worried it would hurt and that I would make it bleed. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 

Not the best thing to look at is it?
After washing away the dried blood with warm salty water my hand didn't look too bad and it didn't hurt like I thought it might. Thankfully most of the bruising has gone now. We redressed it with some gauze and fixomull dressing. I just want to keep the stitches clean and covered. 

I hadn't put my rings back on my finger because they were still bruised and a little swollen until today. It feels a little odd wearing them again. There's still a lot of stuff that I am unable to do but I am slowly getting the strength back in my hand. I still need lots of help about the place and Mark & the boys have been great. I am itching to get back into crocheting but I don't want to over do it. For now I shall stick to the crossword puzzles.

I go back to see the surgeon this week, on Wednesday. I am NOT looking forward to getting the stitches out. I am worried it will hurt. As I mentioned earlier I am a scaredy cat!


No comments: