Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Beautiful Nephew

Twenty years ago today my gorgeous 7 year old nephew, Kym, who was living with me at the time, was taken from the front of my home by his mother. Instead of coming to my house and knocking on the door to say "Hey I am here to take my son to live with me" She grabbed him off the street and hid him in the car.

I had asked Kym to take a toy to a little boy who lived two doors down. I was busy finishing off cooking tea for our little family. It should've only taken him a minute to hand the toy over and come home. When he didn't come back after a few minutes I went looking for him. I couldn't see him. So of course I did the only thing I could think of. I phoned my Mum who lived down the road to ask if Kym was with her and Dad. He wasn't. I then phoned the police.

When the police arrived they had told me that Kym's mother had already contacted them about taking Kym from my home. It was the one and only time that I swore in front of my Mum and she never bat an eye when I said it. I was livid about his mother grabbing him off the street. I raved about how she said she was a Christian and that it was not the right thing to do.

The really sad thing  about this whole situation was the fact I had posted a letter to his mother a few days before this occurred asking her if she would like to have Kym come and live with her. The letter was probably sitting in her letter box, she lived interstate, and she didn't know I had sent it. I was just so upset that she could steal a child off the street and think it was okay.

Sadly I never saw my nephew again. I lost all contact with him until a couple of years ago. Thank goodness for Facebook. My gorgeous nephew, through a friend of his mothers, contacted me asking if he could add me on Facebook. I have my boy back!

No comments: