Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Recipe - Spinach & Feta Baked Egg with Salsa

I got this recipe from the March/April issue of Diabetic Living magazine. Let me tell you it was delicious and I will definitely be making this again!! YUM! A brilliant way to start the day! 


Ingredients
cooking spray
1 cup of baby spinach leaves
20g reduced fat feta, crumbled (I used cheddar only because we didn't have feta)
2 eggs
a few finely sliced pieces of a long red chilli (optional)
1 wholemeal bread roll (I had 2 slices of toasted multigrain bread instead)
salt & pepper

salsa
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 200C. Spray an ovenproof dish with cooking oil. Arrange the spinach over the bottom of the dish. Top with feta. Add the chilli next (optional).

Crack the eggs over the spinach. Bake in the oven for around 8 - 10 minutes or until the eggs are just set. 

While you wait prepare the salsa in a small bowl. Season with salt & pepper and toss to combine. Place over the eggs once they have finished cooking. Serve with the roll.


*Okay so there is no salsa in the picture but that is only because the tomato I had in the fridge smelled a bit funky so I threw it out.

No comments: