Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lost In Austen

Lost in Austen
My girlfriend, Mish, recommended a DVD for me to watch. She knows how much I love to read and watch movies that are historical fiction.

This DVD was a short TV series in the UK called Lost in Austen. It's based on the book Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.  Amanda Price is from present day UK and she is obsessed with the book. Amanda and Elizabeth Bennet ( the main female character from the novel) end up trading places. The series follows what happens with Amanda and all the disasters that seem to follow her.

I've only watched the first two episodes so far and it's not a bad show. I love Alex Kingston, who plays Elizabeth's mother, and Hugh Bonneville, who plays Elizabeth's father.

Poor Amanda, she just seems to be digging a big hole for herself as she tried to make things right now that Elizabeth isn't on the scene. I can't wait to see what happens in the final two episodes.

No comments: