Pages

Friday, July 05, 2013

Freebie Ebooks And Other Geeky Stuff


Gee whiz! I've gone and done it again. I thought I had resolved my lack of posting issue but I've had a relapse *hangs head in shame* I totally meant to do a thankful Thursday post last night but I got sidetracked watching TV. What a slacker I am *sigh*

To make up for this horrible lack of posting I thought I would share where I get some fantastic FREE books for my kindle. It's not a secret or anything. I think I mentioned this in a post somewhere before. I collect a lot of freebies from Amazon itself. If you go HERE you can get them yourself. The reason I don't miss out on them is due to Mark. He set up a recipe* over on the If This Then That (IFTTT) website where he gets sent an email when new books are listed on the free Amazon list. This email then gets forwarded to me.

Recipes from IFTTT are super easy to set up in fact some are already made up. For example there are ones for instagram, alerts for free itunes stuff etc. All you need to do is add them to your own personal collection. I'm off to check out some more recipes right now.


* recipe - it's kind of like a rule that you set up for sorting your emails etc. It basically sets up a series of actions based on 'ingredients' you've told it to keep an eye out for. Click HERE to find out more. 

No comments: