Pages

Friday, March 09, 2012

Primary School Choir

I found myself sing and humming a song this morning that I had learnt when I was in the Year 7 choir in Primary School (that's Grade school for my overseas friends). The song is called Land Of The Silver Birch. I managed to find it on youtube. It's not quite how we sang it but I sill love it and have great memories from when I was learning it and performing it with several other schools in our area in front of all our parents.




I also remember after we had done our performances all the schools in the Elizabeth & Salisbury area (where I grew up) got together to perform and record an album on vinyl! We had to do a lot of singing that day. If someone coughed, sneezed or scraped their chair it would be picked up by the microphones. Even though we had to sing some songs over and over again it was a lot of fun. It's a shame that they never continued with the combined schools choir. It just fizzled out :(

I still have the album although I don't have a record player to play it on but at least I still have it :D Maybe I should put a record player on my wish list.

No comments: