Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

WIP - Tea Cosy

Oh boy are we in for a hot night. It's after 8pm and it's still 31C (87.8F) outside! We're meant to get a cool change sometime in the early hours of the morning. The only trouble is that it will only cool things down to around 31C for tomorrow. I just hate the humidity that accompanies the heat here. It's horrid. Did I ever mention that I don't like summer??

Anyway on to something a little better than me complaining about the heat. I've been making a crocheted tea cosy. A strange thing to be making when the temperature is so warm (o_0) It's not like the tea will get cold quickly in this weather. I just felt like making a tea cosy because I haven't managed to crochet one before.


I'm not sure that I like it to be honest. I messed it up. It was too large so I sewed around the base to make it look better. At least it still fits the teapot now and that's the main thing I guess. It's meant to have flowers on the top. I haven't gotten around to making them yet.



I'm thinking I might pull it apart and try again.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

You know...I've never made a tea cozy either! I search high and low to get find really cute teapots when I've bought them. I don't understand covering them up! LOL

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, now that you mention it it does seem like a shame to cover up a pretty teapot. The one I covered is really pretty too.