Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Made In China

When Mark requested a new Aussie flag because his old one got ripped I kept my eye our for them in the shops. So when Aldi had them for sale the other day I grabbed one. I did find it a little sad to see that flags never seem to be made at home any more. That they tend to be made in China. It's kind of funny really when you see things sold as souvenirs that all seem to be made overseas. So much for keeping the money at home. Oh well. Maybe it's time to search for a manufacturer from Australia.

I find it sad that an Australian flag isn't even made here any more. I guess it's cheaper to make them overseas.

3 comments:

Marti said...

When I buy souvenirs, I try to find local stuff, and that is so hard, it all is made some where overseas. When I was in Hawaii, I found very little local souvenirs, until we went to a bazaar along one of the beaches. There was good stuff there.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I know what you mean Marti. It is hard to find them. You've been to Hawaii? I would love to go there :)

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Same thing here in the US. I get so angry about things like that. It seems EVERYTHING -- worldwide -- is not made in China. We all know it's slave labor that makes all this stuff. :( It's got to stop.