Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Stash Busting

I started a new project today while I was sitting down watching some TV & catching up on the shows that I had recorded. I have to keep my hands occupied while I am sitting on the couch.

Surprise, surprise I have plenty of purple yarn to use up :P   I have this thing for the popcorn stitch at the moment. I was inspired by a lego shaped baby blanket I saw the other day. The stitch looked the same to me.

The colours look a little washed out here. That blue is a lot brighter than it looks in the photo.

I have no idea who the blanket is for yet. I'm just making it to use up some of my yarn stash. The stuff that didn't fit in the boxes.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Have fun with it! I'm kinda fond of the popcorn stitch too. I make a pillow with that stitch every once in a while. Somebody always takes it from me too! ^_^ By the way,my projects where I use up my stash are what I call my 'Wuglyee' projects in my shop. :-]

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I'm definitely having fun Poetess. My little blanket has now double in size :D I'm finding it very therapeutic.
BTW I think your "Wuglyee" projects look really good.