Pages

Sunday, August 07, 2011

My New Cushion Cover

I meant to share these photos with you last week when I finished making my cushion the other night. I love how it turned out. I wanted it to be like a rainbow with lots of different colours. It looks a lot brighter than the other cushions I have on the couch which are in desperate need of a wash. That's why they aren't in the photos. Who wants to see tatty old cushion covers anyway?


At least I got to use my new Tunisian Crochet hooks. I used the 5.5 mm but I am wondering if I could've used a larger size.


The best thing about this project was the fact that I got to use up a bit of my stash. You know all of those little bits that you have left over from other projects.


If you pardon the pun: I am really HOOKED on this type of crocheting! I love it :)


Angus would love me to make him a black and white blanket using the same pattern I did for the baby blankets. I would love to make it for him. There is only one problem. I don't have enough black wool/yarn to make it. Looks like a shopping trip may be in the cards ;) not that I need an excuse to go to Spotlight or anything :D

3 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Oh! I love it!!!! Look at all the pretty colors!! :-] Hmmmm...Maybe this is what I should be making now! I have my own pillow patterns. I'll have to give that some thought. Thanks!!...And it's funny that you're talking about needing black yarn. I just used up the last of mine today...on my black and white shawl/scarf! I have to get some more tomorrow! ^_^ And by the way, I think that blanket in black and white will look very nice!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you Poetess. I'm glad you like it :) If you do make cushion covers I would love to see them. It really is a good way to use up the leftover yarn.
I may even make some more. I still have one or two cushion inserts in the cupboard.
Looks like we should go yarn shopping together. Just imagine the fun we would have!

PoetessWug said...

Oh Yes!! We could get ourselves in some real trouble in a yarn store, you and I together!!! LOL...And I'll definitely show it if I make the pillows.