Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Look What I Just Finished (My 1000th post)

Another cute baby cardigan. All I need to do is add some buttons.

I am feeling more confident reading crochet patterns now. The pattern (JC29NB) for this one is by Heather at Just Crochet. She has a lot of great baby patterns.

I am going to start hunting for patterns for my Tunisian crochet hooks. I'm thinking of making a cushion cover (or two) for some new inserts I have sitting in the cupboard.


Oh My Gosh. I just clicked that this is my 1000th post. I almost let this go by without mentioning it. Who would've thought that when I started my blog in February 2006 that I would still be posting almost 5 and a half years later. I kept my blog to myself for such a very long time and about 18 months ago I decided to share it. I was worried about who would even bother to read the dribble I share. I just want to say thank you to everyone who does spend some time reading about what I have to say. I enjoy reading and replying to your comments. I have met some wonderful people out there in blog-land. You often make my day! So thank you!

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Congratulations on your 1,000th post!!! :-] That's wonderful!!!...I didn't know you had been blogging that long. I've only been at it about a year and 2 or 3 months I think. I hope I can still be enjoying my blog as much as you...however long I'm doing it! :-) By the way, I'm so excited for you...learning your way around crochet patterns! Now the crochet world will be your oyster!! :-) (I love the sweater too)

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you Poetess. I sure managed to keep that quiet :) I know you're enjoying your blog right now and I love seeing what you have to share.

With the crochet,I am really getting the hang of reading patterns & I love it. My next challenge will be to read US patterns and be able to follow them. The terms for the stitches are different but I know I will get the hang of it.

Unknown said...

That is a precious cardigan. Love the mix of colors and it looks so soft. Congrats on 1000!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you Beverly. You're right about the cardigan it is nice and soft :)