Pages

Friday, April 08, 2011

Parent-Teacher-Student Interviews

Angus and I had interviews at his school this morning. The poor kid was so nervous about what the teachers were going to say about him. I told him not to worry. That the the teachers would ALL say he is a smart kid and that he is just a little bit lazy when it comes to work.

Teacher after teacher said that Angus is a good kid. A smart kid. That he was polite & that they have no behavioural problems with him whatsoever! That he wasn't afraid to ask for help. Some of them said that he needed to organise his time in class a bit better and focus on the work. That he should try harder to submit his work on time.

One thing that was pointed out, that we knew about anyway, is that Angus lacks confidence in his abilities. He is afraid to take risks. He seems terrified of getting things wrong & is often worried about his work not being as good as the other kids. Looks like we are going to have to work on that a bit more. I'm not sure how to tackle that yet but we will work on it.

And there was Angus thinking the teachers would say bad things about him. I knew he was a good kid at school. I have every confidence in him doing the right thing & making good choices. Keep up the good work kiddo & we can help you to focus on the areas you need a boost with! You rock!!

5 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Woohoo! and a Woot! Woot! to you Angus!!!!! It's funny, isn't it, how sometimes we don't see ourselves as other's do. But that's one of the reasons I love writing. It's a way of talking about the things about yourself you don't like so much...right next to the great things about yourself...and putting the good stuff into stronger focus and perspective. After all, I figure if God loves me that much, enough to lay down the life of his son for me, I must not be all that bad!!! Something to think about for Angus! ^_^

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Hi Poetess, Angus just read your comment and wanted me to say thank you.

You are absolutely right, we can't be all that bad because I know we have a Heavenly Father who loves us. We just need a reminder now & then because I am sure we forget that way too often.

PoetessWug said...

:-) have a good day Angus!!...you too Jo!

Susan said...

Well done Angus on a great report :) and remember you are just as good as anyone else xx

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Susan, Angus said to say thank you for your comment.