Pages

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Shopping For Fun! Not For Groceries!

Golly gosh Melbourne weather has gotten rather sultry of late. I hate humidity! Thank goodness the air-conditioner is able to cope with this kind of weather we are having at the moment. At least the air-conditioner inside that is. The one in the car is kaput! Just blowing air and its NOT cold at all :P yuck!

Mark, Angus & I went shopping this morning. I went to Spotlight, my favourite craft store, but I didn't spend much time in there. I did however get some more toy filling and some more acrylic yarn in Christmas colours. I've had the urge to knit some more Santas.

Then we were off to Midvalley to EB Games for Angus. He wanted to spend the money that my Dad gave him for his birthday. He is happily playing Star Wars Force Unleashed on the PS2 right now. That should keep him happy for a while. Angus said that the game is awesome! I'm glad he likes it.

Once we finished there it was a quick trip into BigW. I looked for some clothes for me but was disappointed that there wasn't a huge selection. I did see one skirt I liked but it wasn't in my size. I guess I either need to lose weight (OMGosh shame on me its almost like I swore) or learn to make my own clothes. Although I'm thinking that my sewing machine is looking rather dusty and needs a bit of a workout!

I managed to find some cookie cutter. Now all I need to do is make sure I have a really good recipe to use & all of the ingredients.

I did manage to find some MORE acrylic yarn in such a pretty colour. I'm going to make something for myself (eventually). I also picked up a novel for Dad for Christmas. He is such a hard man to buy for. He's given up his hobbies and other than volunteering & working in his garden he doesn't do much else. He pretty much buys everything that he needs. Living so far away sometimes does have its drawbacks as I no longer know what he still has about the home.
Oh well. At least I have his Christmas present to post to him. I now have to work out what to get his for his birthday (that's on January 7th!)

I bought more than I have shown in the picture. The colour looks much prettier than in the photo.

Time to go get a nice cold drink. I'm still trying to cool off from our drive home. Maybe I should stand in front of the air-con!

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

The yarn looks like a combination of brown and plum...Very pretty!!

Unknown said...

I couldn't reply to your comment on my blog, but felt you needed to know what a Roomba is--bless your poor heart! Here's a link: http://store.irobot.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3334619

Maybe Santa will bring you one! And Roomba has a cousin named Scooba: http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-Washing-Robotic-Surface-Cleaner/dp/B000DN7CD2

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thanks for letting me know what a Roomba is Beverly. Perhaps one year Santa might be able to bring me one of those!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poestess, you are right it does look more like a plum colour and I did the cheek test with the yarn. It is SO soft!