Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

An Interesting Phone Call

Kids! I can't believe Brodie. He's at school at the moment & I just got a phone call from him.

B: I was talking with Sharon (his aide) and I was telling her I don't want to be at school. She said I should phone you. I want to come home.

Me: No.

B: But I have nothing to do.

Me: You have work to do. You can study. (He has exams coming up soon).

B: But I want to come home.

Me: Don't you have a music class today? Give me a good reason why you should come home.

B: 'cos you love me.

Me: Yes I do but that's not a good reason. You'll only come home and go straight onto Facebook.

B: No I wont. (Believe me he WILL, its one of the first thing he does when he gets home). I didn't stay on it last night.

Me: Yes you did. I'll see you this afternoon.

B: Huh?

Me: When I pick you up from the bus stop.

B: Oh :( I hate you!

Me: I know you do (not really he just doesn't like my decision)

B: I hate you!

Me: Okay but I'll see you this afternoon.

B: Okay. Bye Mum

Me: Bye.

Honestly he's a trier that one! I am hoping that he will learn that
  1. He can't just come home when he wants to. If he has a job he can't just leave because he doesn't want to be there that day.
  2. He learns to have staying power and NOT give up because he is bored.
  3. I wont always come to the rescue. He needs to learn to be independent and to work things out on his own.
  4. Even though I am not always at his beck & call that I do love him & will be there for him when he really needs me.
It seems to me that he doesn't really like being at school on a Friday. Good thing he only has a few more weeks of school left before he's finished for the year. Then lucky me will have him home for an extra 2 - 3 weeks before Angus finishes. Brodie may end up hating me even more ~ I wont let him sit on his butt all day at the computer *evil grin* Sometimes I LOVE being a Mum!

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Ha!Ha! Ha! Sounds like you got the "Mom" thing down!!! ^_^ My mom was pretty good at it too!!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thanks :) it's taken a lot of practise & patience to get like that.