Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 9 - 30 Day Meme

Day 9 – A photo of the item you last purchased.



We bought a cast iron Dutch Oven while we were out yesterday. I cannot believe how heavy it is. Yes I know cast iron is heavy but this is much heavier than the cast iron camp oven we bought last year. At least this one is much prettier to look at! You just have to LOVE that colour!
You might be able to see how much it cost, well the price tag is on the product label but don't worry we didn't pay anywhere near that much for it. We paid less than a quarter of that price. I think we got an absolute bargain! Now all I need to do is work out what to cook for dinner tonight to christen it.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Ooooo! It's so pretty!! Usually anything you cook in a dutch oven comes out good! In yours it'll cook good...and look fabulous while it's doing it!!! ^_^

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you :) I cooked my first ever pot roast tonight. It turned out fantastically. The meat just melted in your mouth. I think I cooked the veggies a little too long but I guess working all that out just comes with practise.