Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Big Day Out

We went to visit Mark's Dad and step mum today for lunch. It was really nice to see them and it was such a relaxing afternoon. They have the most beautiful home in the Dandenong Ranges and the view from their front garden is very pretty, especially in autumn. The boys even behaved themselves which was wonderful. Angus was such a great helper cleaning up the table and putting things in the kitchen. I was so proud of him for being so sweet and kind and I told him that too.

We sat outside for most of the day which was lovely and the sun just felt so good and warm. The breeze was a bit chilly but the sun sure made up for it. I loved it. The only thing that concerned me while I was there was the trail of flakes I left indoors. It was fine while we were outside but inside was another story. Thankfully they have cream coloured carpet and the flakes 'hide' among the pile but the lovely terracotta tiles was another story. I could certainly see where I had walked around the table and in the kitchen.

I don't care that I am flaky at home but when I am out and visiting it's another story. I worry so much about what they might think. I know it shouldn't matter to Mark's Dad because Mark's Mum has psoriasis but it still concerns me. This is about the only time that I really hate having psoriasis. Other times I could care less what it looks like or what others see but today it mattered! Silly I know and to tell you the truth I don't think that it matters to Mark's family at all no matter how self-conscious I felt today.


No comments: