Pages

Friday, April 01, 2011

April Fool's Day

Have you ever been caught out by an April fools prank? I remember one time my Mum's best friend, Auntie Jeanette, got caught with a ripper of a joke. Auntie Nette (as we often called her) is a one eyes Adelaide Crows football supporter. No one can say a word against her beloved team.

This particular year the local newspaper that one came out once a week just happened to be delivered on April Fool's day. There was a picture of two paint cans on the cover. The tins were open and there were paint brushes dripping paint on a canvas. In the cans were three colours. One was red, blue & yellow (Adelaide Crows colours) The other had black, white & teal (Port Power colours, my team :D & Adelaide's rival - lots of love/hate there)
You might probably see where this is going ... Auntie Nette, came over to visit Mum. She was absolutely rapt about the photo in the paper and was quite adamant about buying some of this paint in her footy teams colours! She couldn't work out why Mum & I were laughing our heads off. After all there is no such thing as striped paint!! She did start laughing too when she worked out the reason we were laughing but secretly I think she was upset that she couldn't buy her Adelaide Crows paint!

Have you ever been caught out by an April Fool's prank? Or have you ever played a prank on someone that was a super good one? I would to hear about it.

  • It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and leave no doubt. --Mark Twain

  • Great minds think alike. Fools seldom differ.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I got my husband good one time by telling him I was pregnant. At the time, we had 4 kids: ages 5, 3, 22 months, and 6 months!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

lol I bet that gave him a bit of a surprise Beverly :)