Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Big Boys & Their Toys


This is what I was met with at Brodie's bus stop this afternoon. Big boys & their Tonka toys! Well it seemed like big Tonka trucks to me :) what boy didn't have one of those trucks to play with when they were little? I know my two had them & they LOVED them too!

Anyway, behind the trees on the right, there is the driveway. I had to navigate around the trucks & gravel to get into the car park. I did let the workers know that the school bus was due in 10 minutes. They were almost finished by the time the bus arrived.

The bus got through but of course Brodie panicked a little. Something altered his after school routine & he wasn't to happy about it. He'll live of course. I just thought it was an opportunity to get my camera out to take photos for a blog post seeing I hadn't posted today. I can't get over how I took two pictures and the colours are totally different. I didn't play with the settings or anything. I do like the top photo better. Things look so much greener and more realistic!

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

The photo color thing happens to me ALL the time!...And you're right about them looking like Tonka trucks too! I had brothers. *Rolling my eyes* LOL

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, I'm glad I am not the only one who thought the trucks looked like giant Tonka toys :)
That thing with the photos is a real puzzle. I guess we must have temperamental cameras.

Unknown said...

Doesn't matter how young or old they are, they love their toys. My 3-year-old grandson makes a beeline for the window when he hears the garbage truck coming! And we've sat for hours watching work being done on the road or a house being built.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Beverly, you are absolutely right about that. What is it with men and the need to observe construction workers or even tradesmen? Whenever we have had a tradesman do some work at our place the males of the house have the need to check out what they are doing. I find it rather funny :)