Pages

Thursday, December 02, 2010

I Had A Lovely Surprise This Morning

I got the most lovely surprise this morning when I checked my blog. I had a message from PoetessWug. Her blog is The Wug's Backyard Blogspot if you should check it out she finds some truly amazing things to share with her readers. Poetess also makes the most fantastic crochet creations you will ever see. She has such a wonderful talent and is a very creative fibre artist! Not only does she crochet she writes be BEST poems ever! I wish I had half the talent she possesses. I can't crochet anything other than granny squares and beanies. Well not yet anyway.

As I was saying I had a lovely surprise. She has been collecting names from her readers who comment on her posts. Well guess what?!? I won one of her wonderful creations. I am so honoured to be able to say that I will have a PoetessWug creation! Although I am worried that it might cost her an arm and a leg to send it all the way over that big pond (the Pacific Ocean). I would totally understand if she would rather send it to someone closer.

However that being said, what a great way to start the day! I needed something to lift my spirits a little as our car is NOT playing very nicely and this close to Christmas too. We are going to have to get a NEW engine. Well not new but a reconditioned one. So to hear that I had won something was a welcomed distraction :)

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Jo-anne, By now I'm sure you know that I am more than glad to have one of my crocheted "babies" come to live with you!! I hear that today was the first day of summer for you though, so you'll have to maybe use it to warm up that old car engine of yours!! ^_^ Maybe a little peacock scarf love is just what it needs!...Congrats!! :-)

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Yes it summer here but I think mother nature forgot. We have had some real spring weather here lately. Lots of rain and very humid. Perhaps the car may need some warming up :)