Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sick Kiddo

I had to go collect Brodie from respite early this morning. He phoned around 7:30am and asked me to pick him up because he had been sick overnight. Brodie got angry with me when I told him that I would be there in an hour. I don't think he realised that he had woken me up. I wanted to shower and make a cup of tea before I left.
Once we were in the car heading home I spoke with him about it. He assumed that I would immediately jump into the car and get him. He thought I was angry and was going to make him wait so he hung up on me. Brodie soon realised that not everyone is wide awake when they first get out of bed.

Being picked up so early put a dampener on Brodie's plans for today. The kids at respite had organised to go and see Harry Potter this morning. I could see he was disappointed so I told Brodie that I can drop him off at the cinema after school one night this week. He could ask a friend from school to join him. At least that way he wont be on his own. I don't think he's actually seen a movie by himself yet.

Right now Brodie is in bed. Probably on his laptop talking with friends via Facebook. Lets hope he feels well enough for school tomorrow.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Awwwwww! Woo woo woo :-( for poor Brodie! Hope he feels better later.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you Poetess. Brodie said he is still feeling sick this morning and that he wont go to school. It's kind of hard to make a BIG 17 y.o. go to school. He can phone them up himself and explain why he's away this time.
I'm crossing fingers for tomorrow. He may not think he is missing out on much but I know otherwise. Its all preparation for next year when he's a year 12 student.