Pages

Monday, November 08, 2010

Meet Me On Monday 21st Edition

Hosted by Java at Never Growing Old

Questions:

1. What is your favourite kind of pie?
2. Have you ever ran out of gas in the car you were driving?
3. How many languages do you speak?
4. Do you take daily vitamins?
5. What is your worst eating habit?

---------------------------------------------------------------

1. What is your favourite kind of pie?
My Mum's apple pie was the best ever but ever since she passed away I have to settle for Nanna's apple pie. It's almost as good as my Mums.


2. Have you ever ran out of gas in the car you were driving?
No I can honestly say that I have never run out of fuel for my car although there were times when it came pretty darn close.


3. How many languages do you speak?
I would love to say that I can speak several languages but I can only speak English. I used to be able to speak Indonesian but I have forgotten a lot of it.


4. Do you take daily vitamins?
Up until a couple of weeks ago I would have said no but recently I started taking Vitamin D. Recent blood tests showed that I was pretty low on this and I don't want to end up with oesteoperosis. Plus Vitamin D is good for my psoriasis.


5. What is your worst eating habit?
Sometimes I eat when I am bored. I guess I should keep myself busy huh.

16 comments:

Shawn said...

Great answers. I have never heard of Nannas Pie but it sure looks good!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thanks Shawn. I think Nannas pies are Australian.

Traci66 said...

Don't forget you can speak French, well kinda?!**?
Following you now.

PoetessWug said...

I never heard of Nanna's pies either. I wonder if it's like "Mrs. Smith's" here in the states? That's really good...But I make my own apple pie with granny smith apples. YUM!!...Oh yeah! I speak 3 languages sorta, and some dialects: English, Pig Latin (fluently! LOL), and Sign Language. I have a Southern drawl when in Georgia, speak Jamaican Potwa dialect when with friends and dialects from different states in the South! I'm like a Parrot listening to people talk.....I type that way too!! ^_^

Empty Nester said...

That would explain why I haven't heard of them either...but I would love a piece of apple pie right now! LOL

Gigi Ann said...

Apple pie runs a second to my cherry pie. I like almost any kind of pie that is set in front of me. hee, hee.

I also like Mrs. Smiths Pumpkin Pies. They come out of the freezer and into the oven for an hour. Can't get easier than that.

Thanks for the visit and nice comment this morning, probably evening in Australia.

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

I know what you mean about the Vitamin. We too are finding out (here in the Northeastern US) that Vitamin D levels are low! Not enough sun!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Jo-anne Blossy said...

lol thanks Traci :)

Oh Poetess I had completely forgotten about Pig Latin and I can do a little bit of Auslan (Australian Sign Language).
The pies might be the same as Mrs.Smiths but homemade is definitely better :)

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Gigi Ann, I've never had a cherry pie before but I bet it tastes wonderful :)

Jacalyn that's exactly why I am vitamin D deficient. I wasn't getting enough sunlight.

Unknown said...

Seems there are many "boredom" eaters out here. Maybe we should form a support group....

Jo-anne Blossy said...

That's a great idea Beverly.

Sad to day I was just thinking of checking out the fridge and I'm not even hungry ... perhaps a cup of tea might be the way to go

Jodi said...

I am a new follower of yours from the hop!

Please stop by and follow back when you get a chance. :-)

Have a great evening!

Jodi
http://amomhavingfun.blogspot.com
http://www.jodishomebiz.com

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I'm feeling really guilty for not taking vitamins at this point. Osteoporosis runs in my family - you'd think I'd do better!!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Hi Jodi, nice to meet you.

Don't feel too bad Donna. You can always start today :)

Karen and Gerard said...

I often eat when I am bored too--mostly at work.

Stopping by from Meet you on Monday. Here's mine: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2010/11/meet-us-on-monday.html

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thanks for visiting Karen & Gerard