Pages

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

A Better Start To The Day

Yesterday I was hoping that Brodie would be in a better mood when he got off the bus after school .. well that didn't happen. Not because he was in a bad mood it was because he didn't catch the bus home. I got a phone call around 11:30am stating that Brodie wasn't feeling well could I come & collect him. I didn't want to get him but being the nice person that I am I did.

I wasn't happy about driving the 20km to get him but what can you do when your child isn't well? Leave them at the school for the teachers to worry about? It would be nice but its not something I would really want to do. He didn't look ill to me or I wouldn't have sent him. I told him on the way home that there would be NO facebook during school hours. Brodie didn't seem too fussed. That was my first clue that he really wasn't feeling too crash hot. I mean this kid spends a seriously HUGE amount of time on facebook & for him to not whinge about it is unusual. Either that or he has finally learnt not to mess with the MUM when it comes to facebook during school hours when you should be at school. I'd like to think he's learnt but I doubt it :P

Once Angus got home from school though things changed a bit. Mr Grumpy Pants arrived at the same time Angus did. In fact I think he was wearing an Angus skin! They looked almost identical! Another thing to be grateful for .. the fact that both boys spent time apart from one another after school at opposite ends of the house. Brodie was back on his laptop (and on facebook of course) and Angus was watching cartoons in the lounge room.

At least this morning was the complete opposite to yesterday. The boys were laughing and joking about (and talking about body functions like boys do). I would much rather have days like this than ones where they wish to rip each others heads off.

1 comment:

PoetessWug said...

YAY! Peace returned....I was hoping for that! Good job boys...and Mama! :-)