Pages

Monday, August 09, 2010

Australian Animals

Golly gosh! Its no wonder there are so many misinformed people out there who have no clue about Australian animals & our country. International media (and Aussie media) has probably fuelled this misinformation.

I was reading a blog post this morning and the author (well their friend) was describing what a sugar glider was as they have a couple as pets (I didn't know you could get them as pets overseas). She said they live in the jungle. Its news to me as I didn't think we had jungles here in Australia. I know we have the bush & rainforests but no jungles.

Okay I can let that slip I guess but how about this one .. we have koala bears! NO we don't! Koala's are NOT bears in any way shape or form! They are Koalas!

Okay, with that said I feel better now.

No comments: