Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Whispering Wall







Mark & I took the boys, along with Vic, to see Whispering Wall in the Barossa Valley. It had been years since we had been there. I remember taking the boys when they were little. The weather wasn't the greatest and the wind blew right through you but the view was well worth it.

The boys ran to the other side of the wall, like they did the very first time we went there. On the other side you can climb down the steps so that you are really close to the dam wall itself. You can then 'Whisper' or talk normally and you can hear very clearly what was said.

The water in the Barossa reservoir was really high which surprised me a little. I didn't think that there would've been so much water in it. I guess South Australia is better off waterwise that we are.

It was loads of fun until the rain started but I guess we shouldn't really complain about the rain we sure do need it. Although while we were visiting with Dad (he has his own rain gauge in the back yard) he recorded at least two inches of rain. One of my uncles commented that I brought the rain with me. Silly duffer lol.

No comments: