Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Hey Mr Postman Look & See?

I've been listening for the postie on his scooter all morning. He normally comes around by 10am but not today. You see, I was waiting for a letter from the hospital. I knew it would come today because the patient bookings clerk from the hospital mentioned it on Thursday afternoon & considering how close the hospital is to our home I just knew it would be here this morning. Not that I truly wanted the letter. In fact I would still love to not need to go into theatre but I have no choice really if I want a better quality of life.

I must admit though I feel much better today than I have since finding out that I was going into hospital next week. You see while we were at Church yesterday I asked for a blessing. I knew I needed one to help me feel more settled and less stressed.

I was prompted to ask a specific Brother to perform it. The way I see it not only do I get the bonus of the blessing he gets the blessings of performing it. I am one of the last people you would ever think of who would even request a blessing. Anyway he agreed, not that he would've said no or anything but I was relieved when he said yes. Two people need to be there to perform this ordinance so his brother helped. I am so glad that he did ask his brother as I feel that these two men really have a strong spiritual connection.

I felt such a wonderful feeling as they laid their hands upon my head. Such warmth seemed to spread throughout my chest. It was the most pleasant and comforting feeling. I just knew that I would be able to cope better this coming week. I am so thankful that I asked for a blessing. It has made all the difference.

No comments: